Transfer Trailer Driver - $3,000 Sign On Bonus!
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Transfer Trailer Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck, a tractor trailer or a straight truck with a pup trailer, or other vehicle requiring a class A CDL, to provide prompt and courteous delivery and removal of large containers from the transfer station to a landfill.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
- Two years of prior experience driving commercial trucks.
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Disciplined and committed to hard work and variable weather environments.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.