Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Maintenance Manager oversees preventative maintenance and repairs of fleet vehicles, provides direction of a team of diesel technicians, implements monitoring maintenance policies and procedures and ensures all repairs are performed in compliance with all company, federal and state regulations.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Provides direction to on-site technicians and provides direction to ensure that all repairs and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Oversees coordination, planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity while effectively monitoring the shops operational performance and efficiency.
- Provides hands on maintenance assistance and training as needed to ensure opportunity for personal and professional growth to all technicians.
- Maintains an ongoing preventative maintenance program to set the standard for service excellence and identifies trends in road calls and break downs; controls maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
- Performs inspections of outside repairs and maintenance to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of company vehicles.
- Manages professional business relationships with external vendors and maintains knowledge of all equipment warranties.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products and services offered, and position held within the organization.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and core values.
- Performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- 10+ years of maintenance/mechanic experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor for a fleet of vehicles/heavy equipment is required.
- 3+ years of leadership experience is required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Certification of Safety Training is preferred.
- Certification in techniques for process improvements.
- Legally eligible to work in the US.
Knowledgeable, team-oriented individual who is dependable, is able to communicate well, organized and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people