CDL Truck Driver for Essential Service Provider - $3,000 Sign On Bonus!
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
CDL Truck Driver will transport waste or recyclable material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when truck reaches legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential or commercial environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
Key Accountabilities :
- Complete understanding and adherence to Casella Safety Rules and Operating Standards.
- Operates vehicle and performs all tasks in accordance with Casella Safety Rules and Operating Standards, OSHA, and DOT as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by Casella or Manager.
- Works closely with Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch.
- Completely empties all receptacles and leaves the customer’s property clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Dispatch.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Holds a current Class A or B CDL
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Capable motor coordination; arm, hand, legs.
- Able to exert physical effort in handling (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Disciplined and committed to hard work and variable weather environments.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.